We are a club based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, with a focus on promoting a friendly club with a competitive edge. As well as running regular beginners courses for both adults and children, our members compete regularly on a club, county and national level. Archery is a highly inclusive sport, with juniors able to learn along side grandparents, and able bodied alongside disabled.
WCA Summer tournaments 2018
Wallingford Castle Archers will be hosting two tournaments this summer - a junior team challenge and a 720 & Head to Head event.
Junior Team Challenge
A new event on Saturday 19th May 2018
The morning will feature WRS and UKRS 60m, 50m, 40m and 30m recurve rounds, and the 50m compound round. In the afternoon, we will have club team head to head events.
2nd WCA 720 Tournament
The 2nd WCA 720 is currently scheduled for Saturday 4th August 2018. There are some ongoing discussions about the format of the event, watch this space for more news as we get it.
Our sessions run from 1.30pm to 6pm every Sunday, and from 6pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. Outdoor sessions run from April to September.
- 13:30-15:00 Sundays – Junior session. Only junior members will be allowed to shoot, along side any parents, space permitting.
- 15:00-18:00 Sundays – Open session. All members welcome, but under 18s must be supervised by an adult.
- 18:00-dusk Wednesdays – open session. Juniors welcome but parents or guardians must be present.
- 18:00-dusk fridays – open session. Juniors are not required to be supervised.
Our outdoor range is based at Wallingford Sports Park, on the northern fields. We shoot outdoors from from April to September
Our sessions run from 10am to 4pm every Sunday, and from 6pm to 9pm every Friday
- 10:00-11:30 Sundays – Beginners course, boost course or alternative coaching session
- 11:30-13:00 Sundays – Junior session. Only junior members will be allowed to shoot, along side any parents, space permitting.
- 13:00-16:00 Sundays – Open session. All members welcome, but under 18s must be supervised by an adult.
- 18:00-21:00 Fridays – Open session. Juniors are not required to be supervised.
Our indoor range is based at Wallingford School, in the the Castle Sports Hall. We shoot indoors from from October to March.
£15 per calendar month. Membership includes the Sunday afternoon sessions, use of club equipment and membership to the national governing body, Archery GB. All new members must commit to at least 6 months of membership to cover their affiliation fees.
£10 per calendar month. Membership includes sessions, including a junior only session on Sunday mornings, as well as the usual open afternoon session, use of club equipment and membership to the national governing body, Archery GB. All new members must commit to at least 3 months of membership.
Concession membership is available to all archers aged 10-24, and any archers with a disability. For budding archers under 10, we support a variety of local groups at primary schools and leisure centres. Please contact us for details.
Associate members £10 per calendar month. Membership includes everything that full membership does, with the exception of membership to Archery GB. Membership is due monthly. You must already be a member of Archery GB or another World Archery affiliated body.
Non-shooting members £5 per calendar month. Membership includes only membership of Archery GB, with no shooting rights.
Beginners courses include six hours of small group tuition over 3 or 4 sesisons. All equipment and coaching will be provided, and at the end of the course you will be given a short assessment, just to make sure you've taken what we've taught you. After this you will be able to join any other open archery club in the country. The course, including hire of bows etc. for all sessions will cost £50 for adults and £30 for juniors.
If you would like to sign up for the next beginners course, please fill in the form below. The course have limited numbers due to the size of the hall and availability of targets, and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis where possible. Payment is accepted online before the course, or by cash or cheque (payable to Wallingford Castle Archers) at the first session.
Current course dates
- 06 April 2018, 18:00 to 19:30
13 April 2018, 18:00 to 19:30
20 April 2018, 18:00 to 19:30
27 April 2018, 18:00 to 19:30
Upcoming course dates
- 24 April 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
01 May 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
08 May 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
15 May 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
- 05 June 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
12 June 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
19 June 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
26 June 2018, 19:00 to 20:30
- 01 July 2018, 12:00 to 13:30
08 July 2018, 12:00 to 13:30
15 July 2018, 12:00 to 13:30
22 July 2018, 12:00 to 13:30
- Courses run regularly throughout the year and will be arranged according to demand.