We are a club based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, with a focus on promoting a friendly club with a competitive edge. As well as running regular beginners courses for both adults and children, our members compete regularly on a club, county and national level. Archery is a highly inclusive sport, with juniors able to learn along side grandparents, and able bodied alongside disabled.
Wallingford Castle Archers are delighted to be joining the Wallingford Sports Park as associate members in 2017. All outdoor shooting will take place at Hithercroft.
WCA 720 Tournament 2017
Wallingford Castle Archers are hosting our first outdoor tournament on Saturday August 5th 2017. The tournament is a World Record Status 720 (at 70m and 50m), followed by head to heads.
The tournament will take place at our outdoor venue at Wallingford Sports Park, Wallingford OX10 9RB, 30 minutes drive from the M4/A34 junction at Chieveley for travellers from the South and West, 30 minutes drive from the M40/A34 junction to the north and 20 minutes from M40 junction 6 from the East.
Entry fee is £15. Full details of the event are available with the entry form online.
Our sessions run from 1.30pm to 6pm every Sunday, and from 6pm on Wednesdays and Fridays. Outdoor sessions run from April to September.
- 13:30-15:00 Sundays – Junior session. Only junior members will be allowed to shoot, along side any parents, space permitting.
- 15:00-18:00 Sundays – Open session. All members welcome, but under 18s must be supervised by an adult.
- 18:00-dusk Wednesdays – open session. Juniors welcome but parents or guardians must be present.
- 18:00-dusk fridays – open session. Juniors are not required to be supervised.
Our outdoor range is based at Wallingford Sports Park, on the northern fields. We shoot outdoors from from April to September
Our sessions run from 10am to 4pm every Sunday, and from 6pm to 9pm every Friday
- 10:00-11:30 Sundays – Beginners course, boost course or alternative coaching session
- 11:30-13:00 Sundays – Junior session. Only junior members will be allowed to shoot, along side any parents, space permitting.
- 13:00-16:00 Sundays – Open session. All members welcome, but under 18s must be supervised by an adult.
- 18:00-21:00 Fridays – Open session. Juniors are not required to be supervised.
Our indoor range is based at Wallingford School, in the the Castle Sports Hall. We shoot indoors from from October to March.
£15 per calendar month. Membership includes the Sunday afternoon sessions, use of club equipment and membership to the national governing body, Archery GB. All new members must commit to at least 6 months of membership to cover their affiliation fees.
Junior members and students
£10 per calendar month. Membership includes sessions, including a junior only session on Sunday mornings, as well as the usual open afternoon session, use of club equipment and membership to the national governing body, Archery GB. All new members must commit to at least 3 months of membership.
Junior members should be 10-17 years old. Student members are 18 or older in full time education. For budding archers under 10, we support a variety of local groups at primary schools and leisure centres. Please contact us for details.
Associate members £10 per calendar month. Membership includes everything that full membership does, with the exception of membership to Archery GB. Membership is due monthly. You must already be a member of Archery GB or another World Archery affiliated body.
Beginners courses include six hours of small group tuition over 3 or 4 sesisons. All equipment and coaching will be provided, and at the end of the course you will be given a short assessment, just to make sure you've taken what we've taught you. After this you will be able to join any other open archery club in the country. The course, including hire of bows etc. for all sessions will cost £50 for adults and £30 for juniors.
If you would like to sign up for the next beginners course, please fill in the form below. The course have limited numbers due to the size of the hall and availability of targets, and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis where possible. Payment is accepted online before the course, or by cash or cheque (payable to Wallingford Castle Archers) at the first session.
Upcoming course dates
- 28 January 2018, 10:00 to 11:30
04 February 2018, 10:00 to 11:30
11 February 2018, 10:00 to 11:30
18 February 2018, 10:00 to 11:30
- Courses run regularly throughout the year and will be arranged according to demand.